Gosnells Croquet Club (Inc.)

76 Wheatley Street Gosnells  Phone: 9398 6551


 

 

THE CLUBHOUSE

 

Our clubhouse is a heritage building listed on the City of Gosnells heritage Inventory. It is a timber and corrugated iron building.  It was built  about 1937, which makes its construction at around the same time as the formation of the Croquet Club. 

The building was originally a shop and residence, and had been used over time as an ice cream parlour and a hairdressing shop. It was originally well situated right opposite the Gosnells Railway Station, but the station was relocated some 500 meters away nearer to the town centre some years ago. It is believed that at one time the Gosnells Stationmaster lived in the house.

  


 

The building serves well as a clubhouse as it contains a kitchen and a room large enough to hold all our members for meetings and for general purposes, as well as two further rooms for any other needs. The old bathroom is now used as the ladies rest room, but the male members have to use the outside toilet facilities. The original rear verandah has been enclosed providing good storage room for our equipment. The side of the house facing the croquet greens has a verandah, which gives protection from the elements for spectators and is a pleasant place to enjoy our morning tea breaks.